Re: Problems installing Woody from Linux/m68k

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 21:37, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Op ma 24-02-2003, om 21:11 schreef Kars de Jong:
> > I suppose I could try an older debootstrap.
>
> You could do that too, of course. I assumed you needed certain features
> of debootstrap which were only available in the unstable version --
> incorrectly, perhaps?

Er, yes. Just downloaded the newest I could find ;-)

<snip>

> > Yes, that would work if I was installing from a Debian system, however,
> > I'm not.
>
> Uh?
>
> <glances at emailaddress>
> <blushes>
>
> Ah. Whoops. Sorry, since I didn't know you, I went into
> explain-to-newbie mode. Never mind ;-)

*grin*
It's okay. I am a bit of a Debian newbie. I am from the time where you
started your installation by untarring the a.out root filesystem.

> > A binary that works would obviously be more convenient ;-)
>
> Sure. If you could try the stable version first (stable has glibc 2.2),
> I'll try to compile you the unstable version in a potato chroot. If it
> still doesn't work with that, you're out of luck :-P

I however have glibc 2.1 ;-)
So, regarding versions: stable -> glibc 2.2, and potato -> glibc 2.1?
You think it's possible to bootstrap woody with the potato debootstrap?
If that works you don't have to bother compiling, but thanks for the
offer :-)

Kind regards,

Kars.