Re: Compiling kernel.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 03:29:25PM -0300, Marijn Vriens wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't think I can turn-off ADB support, since I do
> need to use the keyboard occacionally. Is there something wrong with
> 2.4.20 that doesn't allow it to compile for 68k?
>
> Does anybody have working 2.4.x packages available that would work on
> a mac m68040 that boots from IDE?

There are still some significant problems with 2.4.x on 68k Macs. Noone
has had the time to get it running on all the models that 2.2.x supported.
You can try the kernels (and source tree) in the Sourceforge project.

http://www.sf.net/projects/linux-mac68k

There is a precompiled 2.4 kernel available for download, and the source
should all be in CVS. I'm pretty sure that some of the 68k stuff hasn't
gotten into the official kernel.org tree yet.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com