Re: Debian Newbie

Hi,

Peter Slegg schrieb:

[...]
> Do these error messages suggest that no-one has ever tried to install Linux
> on a 68060 Atari ? I would be suprised if it hadn't been tried before.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

I have installed Linux on my Hades 060. It runs with self-compiled
kernels 2.2.10 and 2.2.8. Recently I tried to compile 2.4.x but did not
yet succeed due to the lack of time.

I think your problem is the video parameter in your config file. I had
similar problems that resolved when using
"video=external:1024;768;8;p;0x80000000;786432;0xB0000000;6;vga

You need to set theese parameters to the needs of your graphics card
(x-res, y-res, depth, p, screen base adress, memory, screen I/O port
adress, 6, vga).

This should work for the Hades. Maybe the PCI-Interface is different,
and the kernel cannot access the graphics card at all.

mayb that helps

cu
 HaGe