Re: binutils error? (autobuilder failure)

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 05:53:11PM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> [ please Cc: me, as I am not subscribed to -68k ]
>
> Rene Engelhard wrote:
> > anyone of you know what causes the follwing build failure and what to do?
> > Versions till -3 built successfully; but binutils got updated
> > recently...
> >
> > http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=firestarter&ver=0.9.1-4&arch=m68k&stamp=1044431895&file=log&as=raw
>
> It was retried on another machine and this build succeeded:
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=firestarter&ver=0.9.1-4&arch=m68k&stamp=1044458216&file=log&as=raw
>
> Interesting...
>
> If someone finds out what the error was I would be interested anyway ;)

What I can tell you is that the failed build was on a slightly picky
040 Mac, while the successful build was on (060 I think) amiga. When I
get really strange failures, I try giving them back and see if they
build on another box. The 68k buildds are split between amigas and macs
and sometimes the differences can be ... intriguing.

Glad it worked.

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>