Re: Debian on Amiga: Installationproblem

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 03:37:55AM +1000, Ross Vumbaca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Michael Hugger wrote:
> > English, I hope
> > Hello,
> > I purchased D. L. 3.0 "Woody" m68k for my Amiga 1240/40. After I didn´t

What is D.L. 3.0? Why "only" 6 CDs, didn't woody come on 7?

> > found
> > the Amiga-files, I placed them on Work:Debian. The linux side is starting,
> > after BusyBox .60.3-pre the screen is printing endless
> > "bog1: don´t know screen type 1".
> > And that´it. I´m installing Debian for the very first time, and I need help.
> > What can I do better?
>
> Yes this is a known problem with the installer, there is a work around
> to this, you need to use the updated boot disks from
> http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/boot-floppies/current/ all you
> need is the file amigainstall.tgz.

Please, why should he download 5MB if he just has to edit one script? IIRC
even on the amiga you have text editors where you can add a few charaters.
All he needs is the StartInstall script, he could download it from there,
too.

> instead of clicking the StartInstall icon, open a shell, cd to the
> directory where the installation icons are located, and type the
> contents of the StartInstall script, adding the parameter
> "nolangchooser" to the end of the line.
> I.e: 'amiboot-5.6 -d -k linux.bin -r root.bin root=/dev/ram
> video=amifb:pal nolangchooser'

just add this to your local StartInstall copy. maybe you want to try
pal-lace.

What do you mean by "downloading to work:..."? You did not see any amiga
icons? Yeah, also known problem, see the woody page.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/woody