Re: old 68k boxes

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:38:16AM +0800, andrew wrote:

> you asked about a 68k box for testing in your mail to the list 6-jun...
> in australia old bibg box amigas are almost free... stick in an up

Well, I am about as far away from australia as I can get right now... not
really an option, unless I find a job down there. How is your space program
going?

> grade (blizzard 2040 or the like + a gfx card) and you won't have to
> rely on the slow old aga amiga display...

The blizzards cost probably more than two or three amigas (I have a B2060,
looks like a good investment, its still nearly as expensive as it was 4
years ago...).

> the only problem then is geting clgen to go  :-)

I don't want it for testing, maybe as a second or backup machine when my A2k
starts dying again. I have a CV3D, but as a second machine I guess I would
use it headless, ie only over the net, thats how I use my A2k already most
of the time. So I'd only need a network card, but they are also 100USD/EUR.

It was just an idea, I don't really have room for many old boxes. Also it
would be better for the project if the box came with a dedicated
developer... but maybe I can squeeze in an A1k2 someday when I'm bored.

Nice try in the second mail, here is how it works:

Christian