Re: URL debian-68k@lists.debian.org

Hi Andrew,

you wouldn't happen to be running os 3.1 or better would you?

I had a similiar problem when booting linux on my gvp 030@40 with my
EGS Spectrum card.

What I ended up doing was creating a script which would run amiboot
from the startup sequence right after the setpatch command.  I added
the lines:

if exists s:golinux
   delete s:golinux
   cd system:apps/linux
   boot
endif

I have another script called linuxboot which creates the golinux file,
and boot, which runs the amiboot with the desired parameters.

I can then golinux and reset the Amiga, which re-boots into linux.

Hope this helps.

--Lance

> i have an a2000 blizard 2040,picasso 2 (2M)
> i'm wanting to try linux but....
> i have a similar worry to michael schaffner with debug info everytime
> i change consouls.  also the blue install screen is covered with pale
> grey vertical lines over the windows (most off putting)  the penguin
> on the boot screen looks ok though  but has some crap next to it????
> ive looked high and low for the patch you've mentioned to fix this but
> have no idea how to find it...
> regards
> andrew muhling
>

> --

Lance Tagliapietra | lancetag@luminet.net | Contract Software Engineer
Amiga Enthusiast   |   TeXnically Aware   | Embedded Systems Developer