Re: System 7.6 on a Mac-IIci

first: thanks to everybody for your answers :)

second: me stupid 'cause i could have had a look here
and know many nice things.

here a doubt: i read some time ago (don't remember where, probably on
mac.linux-m68k.org) that on the Mac-IIci there should be a macos>=7.5.3
cause of problems with the video board... is that true or i don't recall
correctly?

> only 1.3mb on the hard disk vs. 20 something for 7.5.3. If you are
> intending to use the machine primarily for Linux, then using Mac OS
> 7.5NAD would save some hard drive space. If the linux box isn't

excellent! i'll try that!
mmmh... can i repartition the hd using another pc running linux (this)?
otherwise i'll use that apple program...

> online, one can localtalk the files from another Mac  before
> installing.

is will have network when i'll find a an AUI->RJ-45 adapter...

> 68mb. My swap may not have to be so large, I arbitrarily matched my
> available real RAM. Perhaps 32-48 would be adequate?

you have 68MB of real ram?
IIRC i have 16MB... and SIMMs are not so cheap...

> get rid of your 80mb HD when you find another old scsi drive or
> two...

mmmmh... ANY scsi drive will do the work?
is (i hope so very much) the cd-rom drive supported? (internal!)
and something like ntfs?

--
"All the computers wait at the same speed"
                                . /\ °