Re: Using make-kpkg for custom kernel DEB?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 12:42:32AM -0500, Ray Labor wrote:

> So is there any particular reason to not use the "--flavour" option? Is
> there some better way to support parallel installation of a custom
> kernel?
I guess flavour is mostly for i386, there are ide flavours, maybe raid,
pcmcia and stuff.
I was never very happy with the documentation, but reading the source helps
a bit, the rest is try and error.

What I did was to use EXTRAVERSION in the Makefile. Have a look at a
kernel-source with "pre" in it. Oh, FLAVOUR is even mentioned in the
Makefile as well...

Christian