Re: Amiga Install with RetinaZ3

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 10:37:35PM +0200, GTB wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Well, I'm sorry abaout the question (I'm a newbie on Linux Amiga) but I
> try to install debian linux on my Amiga 4000 with an 68060 card and a
> retinaZ3 GraphicsBord, and I didn't found any docs about the comandline
> for my graphiccard (I only know, that the framebuffer called retz3...)
you mean the video option in the bootline?

> So I Installed linux "normally" AGA Chipset, and it work fine. I got
> following Information:
>         Kernal Version 2.1.121 (pid 91)
>         Linux Amiga 2.0.36
Now which? 2.1.121 or 2.0.36? BTW there is no such thing as Linux Amiga or
Amiga Linux. Its linux/m68k. See FAQ.

> But I want to use the RetinaZ3, so can anyone help me??
AFAIK its not supported with 2.0.36, thats why there is no icon for it on
the slink CDs. You have to use 2.2.10 or something to get the board going,
its working, Jes is using it. When somebody sends a bootline and confirms
that it is working with 2.2.10, we might eventually have an icon for it on
the potato CDs.
For the exact usage, I propose you look in the kernel-source,
Documentation/m68k:
 5.1) video=
 -----------

 Syntax: video=<fbname>:<sub-options...>

 The <fbname> parameter specifies the name of the frame buffer, valid
 options are mifb', yber', 'virge', etz3' and lgen', provided
 that the respective frame buffer devices have been compiled into the
 kernel (or compiled as loadable modules). The behavior of the <fbname>
 option was changed in 2.1.57 so it is now recommended to specify this
 option.

 The <sub-options> is a comma-separated list of the sub-options listed
 below. This option is organized similar to the Atari version of the
 "video"-option (4.1), but knows fewer sub-options.
[...]

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz