Re: Y2K.

Hello Christian!

You wrote:

> Apache, why? But I think it is installed on kullervo. When it is used for
> compiling, it does not matter much how far it is away, debian has
> machines all around the world and we all have accounts on machines which
> are supposed to be in the US, some are in the netherlands. Hey, its the
> net, distance does not matter. I do not want to "work" on them, we want a
> slink machine on the net, so all developers can do recompiles, test their
> packages, etc. If I want to use gimp, Ill use the PC under my desk :-)

Ah, you don´t need Apache when you can login as root. I wonder how you
manage to login. How do you build the connection? Must the remote machine
be online or can you call it to go online? What does this machine need to
have to build such a connection? An IP-Addresss, an own domain?

With "working on the remote machine" I meant e.g. compiling a source ;)

--

  Andreas Meyer