Re: slink_cd 1.03

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Chris Lawrence wrote:

>On Jan 21, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~stevem/DebianCD/
>>
>> Minor changes -
>>       the patch from last week
>>       cope with tecra boot disk automatically
>>       tiny docs update
>
>Here's the changes I've come up with so far [sorry, no diffs]:
>
>slink1.needed needs:
>* xserver-fbdev
>* {atari,amiga,mac}-fdisk
>* {atari,amiga,mac}-bootstrap
>  [amiga and mac don't exist yet, but they'll be needed whenever they
>  are in the distribution]
>* vmelilo

OK... At this point it's probably best to co-ordinate with the
boot-floppies team.

>[Anything else essential for m68k that wouldn't be available by
>default?  Michael?  Roman?]
>
>slink1.useful needs:
>* kernel-image-2.0.3[36]-{amiga,atari,mac,vme}
>  [mac, vme and 2.0.36 images don't exist yet but will soon; if we do go
>  with 2.0.36 images we'll probably drop the 2.0.33 ones]
>* sendmail
>  [I think someone else already mentioned this; it's a matter of
>  preference but IMHO a lot of people will probably want to use
>  sendmail as their MTA... it's the only MTA I ever can get to work
>  right with my dialup setup]

I'll add these and any dependencies they may have, easy.

>Also, the -J switch to mkhybrid needs to be disable-able without
>editing the slink_cd script.  IMHO Joliet support is non-essential
>except on i386 (commentary about real OSes being able to understand
>Rock Ridge (at least if they're > 8.3) deleted to save space).

OK. Done. i386 will have Joliet by default, the others won't.

>du -s main/binary-m68k = 663551; so it will definitely be split over
>two CDs.  And that doesn't include whatever disks-m68k will take up
>plus contrib, non-free and non-US.

OK, about what I expected. Thanks.

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
		Oh My God! They Killed init! You Bastards!