Re: slink_cd 1.03

On Jan 21, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> I don't care about anybody yapping about 2.2 on -devel. 2.2.0pre7 is
> broken on Mac (030 and 040) and Atari Falcon. Reported to
> linux-kernel, nothing helped, end of story. Unless Roman Z. or Jes
> care to fix it, 2.2 is a non-issue for us.

[Did you report it to linux-m68k too?  If not, Jes may have missed it.]

Well, I think that Jes is going to be fixing it... I dunno about his
timeframe though.

> I've built a fake Mac kernel-image for local use. I've not had time to
> go over the Mac kernel again to add some required updates, or make sure
> that kernel image actually works on more machines than the Quadra 800.
> And I'd like to get ethernet support in 2.0. Will need a bit more time,
> please
> be patient ...

OK, I'm in no hurry here.

> VME isn;t supported; there's no kernel, and no code to build boot floppies.
> I don't do VME and I'm not going to add some speculative stuff just to
> be able to claim 'we support it' (pun intended). This is Debian, after all.
> We need a VME person to look into this.

As seen in another thread, Nick Holgate and James Troup are apparently
working on this... so hopefully we can work in full VME support
(though making it bootable as Nick suggests may be beyond my technical
expertise... I don't understand all the CD mastering stuff yet).

> > On another note, I've downloaded boot-floppies 2.1.5 (from incoming)
> > and will try to figure out what's going on from there.  Did Adam
> > incorporate your beta stuff from master?
>
> I honestly don't know. If you succeed to make Amiga and Atari boot floppies
> you're already half set.
>
> My slice diff never made it off my disk, so either Stephane was smart enough
> to do it himself or it won't build.
>
> My 2.1.4 diff is on master if you need anything from it.

This point is moot since I can't build the binaries here... no sign of
my A4000.

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence         |               My home page:              |
|    <quango@watervalley.net>    |    http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/    |
|    Grad Student, Pol. Sci.     |       Visit the Amiga Web Directory      |
|   University of Mississippi    |      http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html     |