Re: Excluding some files in main/binary-m68k from CD image

Chris Lawrence <quango@watervalley.net> writes:

> So, unless someone has a really major objection (I can't see any
> technical ones, but there may be political ones) to doing this (and
> throwing out any other binary-all packages that are nonetheless
> inappropriate for m68k, like Netscape installers and the like), I plan
> on excluding these files from my local rsync mirror and removing them
> from the Packages file on the CD image(s).

Actually file bugs against any such packages. If they don't run (or
make sense) on m68k (and most likely on anything but i386 in that
case) they are not binary-all. I know that they are architecture
independant since they don't contain binaries, but they just don't
(and probably never will) work on non-i386 archs.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin
> Chris, who is happy at least that he'll be able to *upload* the CD image
> from something faster than a 28.8 modem.

:) I use a sneaker net with zip disks here, its quite fast. up to 1 GB
(10 zips) a day.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin