Re: Buddha Flash support?

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > Hm, are there any newer kernel versions supporting the controller? Or how
> > long will it probably take until there is one? :)
>
> 2.1 as Christian told you. But that doesn't currently help you.
I didnt CC him, perhaps he doesnt read the list?

> > That's an autoconfig board, so there is no AmigaOS driver, but I'll ask the
> > manufacturer about the data, thx.
>
> I'm sure there's some sort of driver, but I'm unclear on the meaning of
> 'autoconfig board'. If there's no driver on disk, you either have it in the
> regular AmigaOS IDE driver, or it's in some ROM on the card. I might be off
The board is a very good board and the manufacuter is very helpful. Thats
why Geert could write a driver without having access to a board.
There is a ROM onboard (btw I bought an update at the infamous amiga fair
last year, did anyone try to plug it in? Better get the old ROM out? Seems
quite impossible to me...).
I guess its compatible to the catweasel, just check out a 2.1 kernel, there
is one at
sunsite.auc.dk:/pub/os/linux/680x0/testing/vmlinux-2.1.131-catweasel.gz
You may have problems setting up linux with that, but just to check it your
board works.
When I said its hard to backport it, I really meant it would be hard for me
to backport it, since AFAIK a lot has changed in the IDE code from 2.0 to
2.1.

Ciao,
Christian.