Re: Buddha Flash support?

Moin,
On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Georg Breitsprecher wrote:

> Does anybody know if it's possible to use Linux m68k with a Buddha Flash IDE
> controller (Amiga)? I'm using an A1200T, Zorro II, 060/50Mhz, CV64/3D,
> Buddha Flash, 2 x HD, 2 x CDROM and tried to install the Debian 2.0.34
Are you talking about Buddha from Individual Computers, like Catweasel for
Real computers? (sorry ;-)
It is supported, but only in 2.1.xx and above, lucky you, only yesterday Jes
has put a kernel image which supports catweasel (at least on my amiga) on
sunsite in the testing directory.
sunsite.auc.dk/pub/os/linux/680x0/testing/*catweasel*

Unlucky you I did not compile in CV64/3D support, but you have a display
for native amiga modes? Even more unlucky you, you will most probably be
bitten by the lchown problem. Cant find a glibc now which would fix this
problem, only a not quite up to date. If you need it urgent, I can try to
put it on an ftp server somewhere, if its not so urgent, I will most
probably upload the current version tomorrow.
(Anybody still got my rejected upload to master? I deleted it yesterday...)
With this glibc and with kernel 2.1.131 (or 2.2.0 ;-) Catweasel is supported
and you "should" be able to install debian. You might have a little chicken
and egg problem, but I think its feasable. Please tell us about your
experiances.

BTW wouldnt it be good to have a base2x.tgz with the current glibc?

Ciao,
Christian.