Re: linux dies during boot

On 5/1/99 2:36 PM, Michael Schmitz (mschmitz@lbl.gov) wrote:

>ROTFL. Decide what you really have: LC040 (no FPU) or 040?

Apple System Profiler says that I have an 68040 -> no mention of FPU.
The paperwork that came with my Mac says it is an 68LC040 with FPU.

>What kernel version, build date, etc.. ??? Tried any recent kernels?

I am unsure, the kernel is simply called 'LINUX' and it was out of the
'current' directory on the ftp site, so I guess that is fairly rescent?

>Read the info on http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org, for that matter?

Yep, the whole site.  But I couldn't find any info specific to things
that might have been overlooked, or trouble shooting for this mac.

Thanks for your help?  Anyone else got any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Gary Reynolds

Gary Reynolds                          National Touch Internet Service
99 Humphreys Road                      http://www.touch.asn.au/
Kincumber South
NSW, Australia                         Ph: (02) 4368 2436
2251                                       (02) 4368 2802