Re: RFC: kernel-patch-2.0.33-m68k: interactivity and mac patch?

Hi,

>> Got a kernel to test (or did you test it on a Mac)??
>
>Not yet, sorry.  I'm fighting diff and losing.  Either the -x/-X
>exclude option of diff is broken or I am.

Ok, I'll wait, or use a kernel of my own brew for the install disk.

-X is fun, you can't specify path names (to exclude include/asm you need
to put asm in the exclude file). Other than that, I had few problems.

>> tell me what date the diff was and I can tell you if there was
>> relevant progress :-)
>
>98.05.12.

I'll have a look ... the latest 'official' diff was on 980511. I've built a
few more kernels after that, meaning some things changed, most notably the
SCSI driver, which broke on IIfx Macs (but these are broken anyway). Have to
look at the source at home, I'll send anything that might be relevant.
According to my blah on the Mac ML, not a lot changed. So you could go ahead
and build with either of the old or new SCSI driver (the old one is more
thorougly tested but hangs SCSI on some machines without the proper kernel
option, the new one doesn't work on IIfx).