be invited to try the new release 0.4.0 of my program
xorriso, a ISO 9660 Rock Ridge filesystem manipulator.
It creates, loads, manipulates and writes ISO 9660
filesystem images with Rock Ridge extensions. Optionally
it supports hard links, ACLs and xattr.
xorriso can load the management information of existing
ISO images and it writes the session results to optical
media or to filesystem objects.
Vice versa xorriso is able to restore file objects from
ISO 9660 filesystems.
A special property of xorriso is that it needs neither
an external ISO 9660 formatter program nor an external
burn program for CD, DVD or BD but rather incorporates
the libraries of libburnia-project.org .
* New option -hardlinks enables recording and restoring of hard link
* Improved reading performance with -update_r and -extract.
* New option -for_backup as shortcut for -acl -xattr -hardlinks
* Operators with option -find : -not, -or, -and, (, ), -if, -then, -else
* New -find tests -wholename, -prune
* Bug fix: SIGSEGV with option -status and no search string
* Bug fix: -load volid did not perform pattern search
* Bug fix: Copies of overwriteable media on sequential were mistaken in
- Linux : kernel 2.4 or 2.6, libc, libpthread
- FreeBSD : libc, libpthread, ATAPI/CAM enabled, see atapicam(4)
- on other X/Open systems there will be no direct operation of
CD/DVD/BD drives, but only POSIX i/o which may or may not
be offered by the system for DVD-RAM, DVD+RW, or BD-RE.
libreadline + libreadline-dev
zlib + zlib-devel
on Linux: libacl + libacl-devel
If they were present at compile time, then the optional libraries have to
be present at runtime, too.
For more info, see http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/xorriso_eng.html
There is a xorriso release tarball (containing the application
and all three libburnia libraries needed):
scdbackup.sourceforge.net is mirrored at scdbackup.webframe.org .
xorriso is also part of the libisoburn release tarball:
libisoburn.so.1 and its xorriso need recent release
versions of libburn.so.4 and libisofs.so.6.
The xorriso standalone release does not depend on any
of these dynamic libraries.
Post bug reports or requests
either to the libburnia ticket system:
or to one of these mailing lists:
or directly to me:
Have a nice day :)