cdrtools-2.01.01a09 released

        Today, I happily announce new features and the release of the DVD-code
        into the OpenSource. After long discussions with various people on
        OpenSource Licenses and their effects on interproject usage and the
        effect on the authors themselves, I contacted the authors of included
        parts in this software suite and got, in most cases their support and
        grant on selecting the CDDL as the new license. Altough this took some
        time, it was worth reading the different OpenSource licenses completly
        with some support of people working in that field.

        Now I know why it took Sun so much time to offer OpenSolaris under
        an OpenSource license...if you take a license change seriously, it is
        a real hard job.

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)