- astoull*() new in schily.h
- utypes.h now has MAX_ and MIN_ value definitions for all basic
- Using Makefiles-1.5a02
- Support added to compile in 64 bit mode on Solaris Sparc.
Use: smake CCOM=cc64
- Support added to compile shared libraries with version
numbers for interface levels and make inofficial "interfaces"
- Prevent gmake to go into an enless loop on Solaris
in case that /usr/ucb/tr is before /usr/bin/tr in PATH
- Better autoconf error message ion case that the expected
C-compiler could not be found.
- Mac OS X now installs files as root:wheel
- Supply linker mapfiles for all libraries. This allows cdrtools
to be compiles using shared libraries only and to properly
hide inofficial interfaces on Solaris (using ls)
Note that this feature is not available with GNU ld
Libparanoia (Ported by Jörg Schilling, originated by Monty email@example.com):
Libedc (Optimized by Jörg Schilling, originated by Heiko Eißfeldt firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Autoconf test for broken Linux sg.h headers added
- if libscg is compiles on newer Solaris systems, the warning:
"Warning: Volume management is running, medialess managed drives are invisible.\n"
is no longer printed.
Since Solaris 11 Build 21, vold no longer hides empty drives
that are under volume management. This now allows cdrecord to be even
used to close the tray while vold is running.
The criteria used to decide whether Solaris is "recent enough" is
The definition SEEK_HOLE has been added with Solaris 11 Build 14
while the fixed vold appears in Solaris 11 Build 21.
- Support for root-less cdrecord using fine-grained privileges.
Remote SCSI not tests for PRIV_NET_PRIVADDR instead of (geteuid() == 0)
If you like all users to be able to call cdrecord root-less, you need
Solaris 10 or newer.
Edit the file /etc/security/exec_attr and add:
If you like to allow only specific user to use cdrecord,
use something like:
CD RW:solaris:cmd:::/opt/schily/bin/cdrecord: privs=file_dac_read,sys_devices,proc_lock_memory,proc_priocntl,net_privaddr
instead and make the users members of the profile "CD RW"
by adding a line like:
Note that you either need to call cdrecord via "pfexec cdrecord ....."
or by using a profile aware shell (e.g. /usr/bin/pfksh)
- Correctly evaluate the write speeds for Ultra speed+ CD-RW media.
This prevents wrong warnings that the "drive does not support Ultra speed+"
- Fixed a typo in the driveropts=help messages
Cdda2wav (By Heiko Eißfeldt email@example.com):
- Added a workaround for the _POSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING behavior
on MacosX: defined but not supported#
Thanks to: Emanuele Giaquinta <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Bugfix: cdda2wav did previously chose to ignore the result of realloc(3)
This prevents core-dumps.
Mkisofs (By Jörg Schilling and James Pearson email@example.com):
- mkisofs now detects if a file grows or shrinks while being
read by mkisofs.
- read Joliet filenames with multi-session if no TRANS.TBL
or RR is present. I am looking for a volouteer for this task!
Note that this can never be 100% correct as there is no relation
between the names on the master (UNIX) filesystem, the ISO-9660
names and the Joliet names. Only the Rock Ridge names are
untranslated with respect to the original files on the
master (UNIX) filesystem.
- add libecc/edc for CDI and similar.
EMail:firstname.lastname@example.org (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
email@example.com (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/
URL: http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/ ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily