Re: growisofs -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso
On Aug 03 at 17:07, Joerg Schilling spoke:
> Hanspeter Roth <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I tried
> > growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso
> > on Linux and it worked.
> > I tried the same on FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD and I got
> > growisofs: no mkisofs options are permitted with =, aborting...
> > Why the difference?
> Maybe it has not been ported yet?
It seems to me it has been.
`grep BSD growisofs.c`
* - OpenBSD/NetBSD support added, it's worth noting that unlike 3.3
* port to FreeBSD;
* - FreeBSD support contributed by Matthew Dillon;
* - FreeBSD: compile-time option to pass -M /dev/fd/0 to mkisofs to
* - FreeBSD: growisofs didn't close tray upon startup nor did the
* - FreeBSD: FreeBSD 5-CURRENT since 2003-08-24, including 5.2
#elif defined(__OpenBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__) || defined(__FreeBSD__)
#elif defined(__OpenBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__)
It seems to me it works as long as the size of the image doesn't
exceed a certain value. I was able to burn a 72 MB image. But it
failed with a 2.7 GB image on *BSD.
> Did you try cdrecord?
No. I tried FreeBSDs burncd.