Re: UDF, ext2 and -o loop created images

> > That's the problem. I went off iso9660 because it doesn't restore
> > hardlinks (its other shortcomings are masked well by rockridge). With
>
> This is because Linux *BSD did just copy bad code from Solaris....

Not only. It's also because it's rather difficult to do, and has been
tried to make work several times for Linux.

> We will fix this with with a new inode number generator that works with

What, you mean Solaris is currently broken?

> 99.999% probability for the next OpenSolaris release.

Pity I won't switch OS just for this.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.