Re: Burning DVD sometimes fails - sometimes works

Seth Kurtzberg schrieb:
> I think that it is a safe bet that if you have visible damage on the
> DVD, your hardware (drive) has problems.  Nothing is 100% certain, but
> that is close to 100% certain, especially as the same hardware used to
> work.
>
> Seth

If I burn with 2.4x instead of 4x, there seems to be no problem. I wonder what this could mean.

DMA is enabled for both the harddisk and the DVD burner. I even replaced the IDE cable of the burner - no change.

In a way I can live with 2.4x, and maybe one day I want to have a DVD R9 capable burner anyway...

Torsten