Re: problem burning DVD-R with PX708A

> Note that it does report correct speed for DVD+ media (see your own
> first post:-), so I would still like to see dvd+rw-mediainfo output for
> *supported* DVD-R media before drawing conclusions. *Anyone* who has
> PX708 can submit such output here!

You're right, getting overal performance returns the correct value for +RW.
> > However the command 0xAD returns the correct current write speed
>                       ^^^^ ^^^^^^^ Where? It must be a typo and you most
> likely meant some other command...
Sorry, I misread something. I meant the 'current write speed' from the page2A.

> Note that if it actually obeys 0xB6, then you should be able to run
> growisofs -speed=1 and have it failed, and then *without reloading
> media* run growisofs *without* -speed option to perform recording at 1x
> without changing a line of code. Can you confirm this?
Well, I have no working dvd-R handy, so I can't fully confirm that. However,
after having issued the command with -speed=1 which fails, dvd+rw-mediainfo
says current write speed is 1 and overall performance is 4. And then when
running growisofs, it says it's trying to write at speed 4. I need to read
some specs before I can understand further how it works...

> > Do you have any pointer on a kind of command reference for the DVD
> > devices ?
>
> There is a link at dvd+rw-tools page, look for "MMC." A.
yesssss, thanx.

Nynal