Re: growisofs hangs on DD0203

> I have an OptoRite DD0203, and I'm having trouble writing DVD+RWs.
> dtessier@hobbes dtessier $ growisofs -Z /dev/dvd=/media/pics.iso

Quoting http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/hcn.html:

"... Unit [Optorite DD020x] seems to fail to resume DVD+RW background
formatting transparently. Recommendations are:

	- install dvd+rw-tools 5.15.x or later;
	- forget all about dvd+rw-format, growisofs will apply initial
	  formatting procedure whenever appropriate;
	- stick to growisofs -dvd-compat ...;
"

> Everytime I invoke growisofs, it goes through the entire writing
> process, but then it hangs when flushing the cache at the end (before
> closing the track and the session).

Do you mean it hangs more longer than 10-15 minutes?

> When this problem occurs, I can no longer open the DVD tray
> until I power-cycle the computer. But once I reboot and popd the DVD+RW
> back in, dvd+rw-mediainfo still shows it as being blank.

Sticking to -dvd-compat was the only way to produce reliable results.
Reportedly. A.