GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR REPORT: Issue 116

GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR REPORT

Saturday, May 15, 2004* Issue 116

Welcome to Issue 116 of Fedmarket.com's "Government Contractor Report."

To recommend this free report to a colleague, direct him or her to the
"e-Newsletter Sign-Up" box on the homepage of Fedmarket.com. To
remove your email address from this list, just click on
the link at the bottom of this message and follow the easy directions
for removal.

Product information:
http://www.fedmarket.com/productTour/

/-------------------------advertisement---------------------------

GSA Schedules
GSA Schedules have become the prefered method of purchasing.
Over the past ten years government contracting has changed.
The marketplace is much less formal than is use to be, procurement
methods are being streamlined and GSA Schedule holders are getting a bigger
piece of the pie.

Fedmarket.com provides GSA Schedule proposal preparation services for companies
interested in obtaining a schedule. Our service offers a comprehensive approach,
emphasizing procedural elements.

In order to get more information on GSA Schedules, please contact: Matt Hankes,
Director of Sales 888.661.4094, Ext. 26 or send Mr. Hankes an email at
mhankes@fedmarket.com

------------------------------------------------------------------/
* SALES TIP OF THE WEEK *

Contracting Officer Authority and Personal Service Contracts

The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) specifically states that, with very
limited exceptions, federal employees are prohibited from creating "personal
services contracts" with the employees of their contractors.  In other words,
a federal employee is prohibited from directly and continuously supervising
a contractor's employee. "A prohibited employer-employee relationship under
a service contract occurs when, as a result of (i) the contract's terms or
(ii) the manner of its administration during performance, contractor
personnel are subject to the relatively continuous supervision and control
of a Government officer or employee. However, giving an order for a specific
article or service, with the right to reject the finished product or result,
is not the type of supervision or control that converts an individual who
is an independent contractor (such as a contractor employee) into a
Government employee."  See FAR 37.104(c)(1).

* FEDERAL BID OPPORTUNITIES FROM ONLINE "BID BOARDS" *

The following are federal bids posted at federal agency Web sites.
We pull these bids from our federal bid alert service, FedBiz Now,
and our bid search engine, Bidengine.com.

Title: Maintenance Components for Gov't Owned Kinetic System
Agency: NASA
Due Date: May 18, 2004
http://procurement.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/eps/synopsis.cgi?acqid=110254

Title:  Renovation of the F4U-4 Corsair
Agency:  US Department of the Navy
Due Date: May 20, 2004
http://www.neco.navy.mil/synopsis/detail.cfm?RecID=107447

Title: Modify Phenolic Molded Parts
Agency:  Naval Surface Warfare Center
Due Date:  May 28, 2004
http://www.crane.navy.mil/supply/synop/04Q0225.htm

Title: Roll Ingot to Thick and Thin Sheets
Agency: NASA
Due Date: May 20, 2004
http://procurement.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/EPS/bizops.cgi?gr=D&pin=22#110257

Title: Adapter, Explosive
Agency: Naval Surface Warfare Center
Due Date: May 20, 2004
http://www.crane.navy.mil/supply/synop/04T0013.htm

Title: Pesticide Application
Agency:  US Department of the Army
Due Date: May 21, 2004
https://acquisition.army.mil/asfi/solicitation_view.cfm?psolicitationnbr=W911SF04T0179

Title: Purchase of 314 Tables and 593 Chairs
Agency: US Department of the Army
Due Date: May 21, 2004
https://acquisition.army.mil/asfi/solicitation_view.cfm?psolicitationnbr=W911SF04T0172

* STATE AND LOCAL IT BID OPPORTUNITIES *

Telecommunication Services

Title: Telecommunication Service
Agency: State of California
Due Date: June 1, 2004
http://caltrans-opac.ca.gov/equipmnt.htm

Title: Long Distance Services
Agency: State of Delaware
Due Date: June 1, 2004
http://www.state.de.us/purchase/DTI-04-0086.doc

Database and Date Management Services

Title: Computerized Tax Billing and Collection System
Agency: Pulaski County (Arkansas)
Due Date: June 1, 2004
http://www.co.pulaski.ar.us/bids/rfp-04-012.pdf

Electronic Information Services

Title: LOI Computer Technical Support Services
Agency: State of Rhode Island
Due Date: May 24, 2004
http://www.purchasing.ri.gov/StateAgencyBids/B03733.PDF

Title: Offsite Storage of ISD Discs
Agency: State of California
Due Date: June 8, 2004
https://www.cscr.dgs.ca.gov/cscr/contract_ads/display/contract_ad_detail.asp?GUID=

IT Systems, Including Systems/Software Development

Title: Electronic Payment Services
Agency: Sacramento County (CA)
Due Date: May 25, 2004
http://www.saccountybids.com/bid_docs/RFP6150%20CreditCardPayment%20FINAL.pdf

Title: Building Inspection/Permit-related E-Commerce Services
Agency: Sacramento County (CA)
Due Date: June 15, 2004
http://www.saccountybids.com/bid_docs/RFP6194%20Bldg%20Insp%20E%20Commerce%20Proposal%20WITH%20DATA%20FLOW.pdf

Title: Backup Software Consultant
Agency: City of Scottsdale (AZ)
Due Date: May 27, 2004
http://eservices.scottsdaleaz.gov/solicitations/SolForm.asp?SOL=04IP011&SID=654

Title: Information Technology Services
Agency: Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
Due Date: June 4, 2004
http://www.mwcog.org/doingbusiness/cogbid/

Title: Library Self-check Systems
Agency: City of Austin (TX)
Due Date: May 25, 2004
http://waller.ci.austin.tx.us/purchase/get_ad_detail.cfm?ID=MO04100099

Computer Equipment

Title: Digital Video Recorder
Agency: State of Rhode Island
Due Date: May 20, 2004
http://www.purchasing.ri.gov/StateAgencyBids/B03743.PDF

Title: Miscellaneous Computer Equipment and Accessories
Agency: Clemson University (SC)
Due Date: May 21, 2004
http://virtual.clemson.edu/groups/procurement/BIDS/IT3899.pdf

Title: Notebook Computers
Agency: State of Illinois
Due Date: May 27, 2004
http://www.procure.stateuniv.state.il.us/dsp_notice.cfm?transnum=25874

Network Equipment

Title: Networking Components
Agency: State of Rhode Island
Due Date: May 24, 2004
http://www.purchasing.ri.gov/StateAgencyBids/B03760.PDF

Title: HP Network Hardware
Agency: State of North Carolina
Due Date: May 27, 2004
http://www.ips.state.nc.us/ips/AGENCY/PDF/03475400.pdf

Title: Cisco Network and Routing Equipment
Agency: State of North Carolina
Due Date: May 25, 2004
http://www.ips.state.nc.us/ips/AGENCY/PDF/03472700.pdf

Title:  Biggs Data Center Mainframe Upgrade
Agency: State of Delaware
Due Date: May 18, 2004
http://www.state.de.us/purchase/DTI-0001-MJS.doc

/-------------------------advertisement---------------------------

GSA Schedules
GSA Schedules have become the prefered method of purchasing.
Over the past ten years government contracting has changed.
The marketplace is much less formal than is use to be, procurement
methods are being streamlined and GSA Schedule holders are getting a bigger
piece of the pie.

Fedmarket.com provides GSA Schedule proposal preparation services for companies
interested in obtaining a schedule. Our service offers a comprehensive approach,
emphasizing procedural elements.

In order to get more information on GSA Schedules, please contact: Matt Hankes,
Director of Sales 888.661.4094, Ext. 26 or send Mr. Hankes an email at
mhankes@fedmarket.com

------------------------------------------------------------------/

* OUR PRODUCTS AND RESOURCES *

Product information:
(888) 661-4094 x8
sales@fedmarket.com
http://www.fedmarket.com/productTour/
http://www.fedmarket.com/productTour/secure/companyInfo_form.php

BIDDING OPPORTUNITIES

ITBids
Federal, state, local & international
Free trial: http://www.fedmarket.com/forms/freeTrial.php

FedBiz Now
Federal only
Free trial: http://www.fedmarket.com/forms/freeTrial.php

Bidengine
Federal, state, local & international
Search engine format
Free trial: http://www.fedmarket.com/forms/freeTrial.php

MARKET INTELLIGENCE

FedBuying Intelligence (FBI)
http://fbi.bidengine.com/

State and Local IT Buying History Database
http://www.fedmarket.com/productTour/industrySpecific/it_history_database.php

BUYER CONTACT PRODUCTS

Database of Federal Buyers by Product/Service purchased (FedBuying
Intelligence) - http://fbi.bidengine.com/

Contact Lists of Federal Buyers by Product/Service purchased, agency
and geographic location.

Official Buyer and Credit Card Holder CD-Roms
http://www.fedmarket.com/products/official_buyer_cd.html
http://www.fedmarket.com/products/credit_card_cd.html

eBOOK

Check out our "Doing Business with Government" eBook, based on
our popular installment series.  Presents the realities of successful
government selling. Unique, step-by-step roadmap laden with insights
you won't find anywhere else.  Includes an appendix filled with
valuable government contracting resources.
http://www.fedmarket.com/productTour/eBook/eBookSecondLevel.php

ADVERTISE AT FEDMARKET

To learn how you can generate more business with FedMarket's
banner ads or e-newsletters, please call Jason Lexell at (813) 286-4780
or visit http://www.digitalharvestmedia.com/fedmarket.htm.

We hope you enjoyed this issue of the "Government Contractor Report."
Please don't hesitate to send comments to editor@fedmarket.com. If
you have any interest in our products, call or write: (888) 661-4094
x8, sales@fedmarket.com.

Best regards,

Editorial Team
Fedmarket.com
editor@fedmarket.com

Please, Do not use the Reply button to respond to this message.

It is our policy never to send unwanted email messages. You were sent this
message because you previously registered at fedmarket.com or expressed an
interest in receiving information on public sector business opportunities.
If you wish to be removed from this email list, please send your request
and a copy of the original email to P.O. Box 6639, Ketchum, ID 83340
or for immediate removal follow this link:

http://www.fedmarket.com/remove/remove.php?addEmail=cdwrite@other.debian.org