Re: Alternative to readcd for C2scans?

Joerg Schilling wrote:

From: Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

I have gotten into the habit of checking my CD burns by doing a readcd with -c2scan on them, but under Linux 2.6 kernels that doesn't seem to work with USB connected burners. I get an end of read after zero sectors. I've tried using sectors= and speed= without success. Since these burners must be used as SCSI, the ATAPI: access doesn't apply.

If you fonud a bug in the Linux USB implementation, please just
request a fix from the Linux kernel folks.

Once USB works for you, readcd will do also.
If I see any bugs in the Linux USB I'll do that, but in the meantime I'm looking for functional application code, preferably which avoids depending on things which are clearly documented not to work properly.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc