Re: writing speed issue with dvd+rw-tools
On Tue 2 March 2004 17:10, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> From: Jon Wilson <email@example.com>
> >> WRONG
> >No need to shout, Joerg.
> It is: see below.....
> >If I want to burn more than 1G, I have to get a time limted,
> > usage restricted key from you. It's your right to license it
> > like this. But I have given you no indication whether my use
> > will comply with these restrictions, so you are wrong to assume
> > that I am able to do so (or that I am happy to do so, but
> > that's a seperate issue).
> WRONG -> RTFM.... ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/README
I just read that document, and I'm curious what exactly is wrong. To
split up Jon's statement:
- cdrecord-ProDVD will burn a maximum of 1 GB of data without a key
- cdrecord-ProDVD will burn more than 1 GB of data, but only with a
- the key must be obtained from you
- the key is time limited
- the key restricts usage (burning speed for CDs)
- it is your right to licence cdrecord-ProDVD like this
So which one is wrong? It all seems to match the README to me...
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key