Re: dvd+rw-tools update [5.15.4.8.5, FreeBSD 5-current, DVD+R speed, Optorite]

Not sure how else to describe them, except that perhaps they were
purchased from CD LabelCorp, in 300 label packages.

As far as the age of the labels for storage, I have been using them
for about two years now.  But one test I ran was to burn a blank
CDR without any label and then verified the media twice.  Passed
both times.  Removed the media and attached the label.  Reloaded in
the drive and attempted to verify again.  It failed.  So we are
talking about two minutes.

In addition, the media itself is perfectly readable in other drives.
So the media is not damaged.  Even after a year or so of storage.

Rather, this problem appears to be more of a motor spindle stability
issue in regards to the sector errors that make the media appear as
if it is not formatted properly.  A mechanical problem.

James