Re: ide-scsi and 2.4 kernels

Yes, cdrecord can indeed use the ATAPI interface in 2.4 kernels,
and I find it more reliable than using ide-scsi. I use it in
both my work (whatever Sid has) and home (2.01a19) computers.

In 2.2 kernels, ide-scsi is very reliable. However, in 2.4, I
find that when I use CDRW media, the kernel would mysteriously
crash; it crashes every time I use CDRW media (but works fine if
I use non-rewritable CDR media).

Also, HFS volumes cannot be mounted under 2.4 kernels when
ide-scsi is used; doing so also causes a kernel panic.

--
Ambrose LI Cheuk-Wing  <a.c.li@ieee.org>

http://ada.dhs.org/~acli/