Re: LF-D311 support?

>From lourens@rainbowdesert.net  Wed Dec 10 22:05:42 2003

>> Of course, problems may also be caused by miss usage of cdrecord
>> by k3b, but if he is interested in k3b problems, he should ask
>> the authors.

>Well, incidentally, k3b doesn't use cdrecord at all for DVD burning,
>it uses dvd+rw-tools.

How should I know?

>> Here we are on another problem: as the k3b authors never did try
>> to get into contact with me and I know from many contacts with
>> Thomas Neiderreither that it is not simple to design a gui the
>> right way. So I stand with my first mail: If the OP tells me what
>> he does at cdrecord level, I may be able to help.

>I'm not sure what you mean by that, the k3b authors should ask you
>how to design a GUI? I find k3b quite intuitive and easy to use
>actually.

Well, they e.g. use cdrdao which leads to the assumption that
they don't know how to _use_ cdrecord.

>The problem with your reply was that he was asking for support for
>his drive with k3b. The only thing he said about cdrecord-ProDVD
>was that it worked fine. After which you asked him what was wrong
>specifically. Well, nothing...

You should reread the OP.

Thei is not true: He did send s cdrecord -prcap output from the
Non DVD enabled version and asked _if_ (not how) it works. This is why I
did send my reply with the question.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling