Re: cdrecord starts slow and speeds up later

Gil Disatnik <gil@disatnik.com> writes:
> I have a dvd/cdrw combo on my D600 laptop, when using cdrecord to burn
> cds the burning process starts at x10 speed, after 168MB it goes up to
> x16 speed and only after 502MB it finally reaches x24 speed.

That's normal behaviour for certain cd writers. It's a question of the
write strategy. This one is named Zone-CLV, which means that it writes a
constant linear velocity in certain zones (0-168, 168-502, 502-end in
your case).

There's also CAV which means constant angular, which means that the drive
will rotate at the same speed throughout the whole burn process.
And thus the writing speed will increase with every written MB.

regards
Markus