Re: I/O Magic idvdrw4db

Thanks for your response. I greatly appreciate your efforts with cdrecord and other software.

Joerg Schilling wrote:
From: Geoffrey <esoteric@3times25.net>

Looking to possibly purchase a dvd burner. I/O Magic DVD +-RW/+-R Dual Format 4x DVD ReWritable drive. Number off the box is IDVDRW4DB

					^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
					What should this be?

Not all together sure. That's the number on the box. As you might expect it says it will work with Windows XP/2000/ME/98SE.

More info off the box:

interface type: E-ide/ATAPI

It lists a host of different transfer rates for everything from 24x cd-r to 12x dvd.

Writing methods: Disc-at-Once, Track-at-Once, Multi-Session, Packet Writing (variable & fixed).

Supports a number of formats as well.

Comes with: WinDVD, Pinnacle Expression, Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD SE

I figured this info might help determine if this thing should work with cdrecord-prodvd. It may not. :(

Any DVD- writer with correct firmware will do.

No way to determine that without purchasing and trying it out I would guess. Has a good price, so I figured I'd see if it would work before I purchased. Doesn't matter how good the price is if it requires Windows, windows free here...

Is there anyway I can determine the firmware without having the drive installed? Specs from the manufacturer maybe?

I couldn't locate supported hardware info for cdrecord-prodvd. Does anyone know if this drive will work?

Well, starting a few months ago, there is soo much really new hardware that it may be impossible.

Understood. I've looked a number of places, but not found anything that would indicate that any I/O Magic dvd burners are supported.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric@3times25.net