Re: Re: DVD recording adventures continued

>From: Florian Lindauer <hifan@gmx.de>

>> cdrecord writes in SAO mode so it needs to know the sizes.

>-> Currently using the pipe-scheme "mkisofs | cdrecord" I would
>   have to specify tsize, which I cannot do. So I cannot use the
>   pipe but have to create an image, the filesize of which will
>   be what is needed.

>Right?

NO, read the documentation to learn how to use tsize= if you write
from a pipe....

>I read the other post regarding pxupdate. I would try that as
>well on Monday, but as you already stated there is no firmware
>binary supplied by Plextor. I had the hope it could be somehow
>extracted using Windows, but indeed I was not able to do that.

Something I did learn friday night by studying the Win32 binaries using
strings on my Solaris machine...
If you look close enough at the binaries you should be able to extract
the firmware yourself.

>As for the "secret firmware" - is it a new version 1.04, or only
>the 1.03 as pure flash-image? In the latter case, if Plextor calls

Well I could tell you but then I have to shoot you ;-)

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling