Re: readcd always fails on cdrtools-prepared CDR's

csj@gmx.co.uk wrote:
As the title says, readcd always fails when I try to copy a CDR
prepared by cdrecord and mkisofs.  I use both the simple command
"readcd dev=0,0,0 f=cdrom" and the added option "-clone" (sample
output appended below).  The files in the CDR, however, are free
from any data error, when I check them against the original files
using "diff" or "md5sum".

The trick is to read only what you wrote. If you use isoinfo -d you can see the size of the ISO filesystem. Then use "sectors=0-size" to read only that much back. You also want to burn -tao, that is reported to help default behaviour without the need for sectors=.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
  It seemed like a good idea at the time