Re: CDR gone bad....is there a fsck.iso9660?

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:13:40 +0200 (CEST)
Joerg Schilling <schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> >I've got an CDR that has gone bad (no superblock or too many
> >filesystems mounted, when I try and mount it). I can always try and
> >get a bit copy with dd, but wonder if there is a fsck.iso9660 about
> >that might be able to save any files from the cdr. What's most
> >worrying, is this CDR is only about 1.5 years old and has lived in a
> >case all this time (there arn't _any_ visable scratches on the data
> >serface.)
>
> Lok like a kernel bug or a usage bug.
>
> RTFM and use readcd to check the readbility of the media

I did RTFM and readcd fails too. The media has gone bad (I've read the
data before ~1 month before). I was just wondering if there was any way
to get some of the files back; this isn't the only backup...just the
only backup on site.

This is in the logs:

attempt to access beyond end of device
0b:00: rw=0, want=34, limit=2
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=0b:00, iso_blknum=16, block=16

And the first two secters are full of null.

Thomas

PS: Thanks for the software. As a User, I don't get to say that enough
to the developers. I do my best to report bugs and failures when I find
them. Once again, thanks!