Re: Unable to blank discs

>From gdcsgrung@libero.it  Fri Sep  5 23:24:50 2003
>On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 10:08:46PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>> Your problem may be caused by:
>>
>> -	rotten firmware  -> get new firmware
>>
>> -	a rotten Linux kernel
>> 	The Linux kernel is known to modify SCSI commands for ATAPI
>> 	drives in some cases.
>>
>> 	----> get in contact with the Linux kernel team
>> 	----> verify by using a different OS (e.g. Solaris).
>Using the Debian package of cdrdao version 1:1.1.7-0.1 (upstream version 1.1.7)
>packaged by Martin Mitchell, the drive also in blank mode works
>correctly; using all available speeds (max is 24).

The fact that a different software works by chance does not verify that
the kernel is OK.

Again: I cannot help with a broken kernel

As you are using a low quality no-name drive, the reason may also be the drive.

Cdrecord is definitely OK.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling