Re: trouble with DVD+R

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 08:05:02AM -0500, Steven Legowik wrote:
> I took a look at my copy of "Sphere" on both DVD drives and am somewhat
> confused.  On both drives I get the IO errors when I cat the files to null,
> yet both systems seem to be able to play the movie using ogle.

Make sure you're mounting the DVD as a UDF file system, and not as an
ISO 9660 file system.  Mounting a UDF file system as ISO 9660 gives
strange results (rather than a complete failure, which would have been
more useful).  I think I've seen that specific symptom before, but I
might be mis-remembering.