Re: Regarding gitlab

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Cédric Boutillier
> <cedric.boutillier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 06:13:28PM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
>>> Reviving the GitLab packaging effort!
>>
>>> Could we generate a new graph and see what is missing and left to do?
>>
>> I've just generated a new graph this afternoon. It is now available from:
>> http://people.debian.org/~boutil/gitlab/gitlab_deps20130609.pdf
>
> Neat!
>
> I uploaded github-markup and dependencies, they are currently in NEW.
>
> Working on ruby-foreman now, will push in a few days.

Pushed and uploaded.

> Regarding gitlab-pygments.rb, I have already uploaded ruby-pygments.rb
> which is also in NEW. When it is uploaded we can switch upstream to
> gitlab-pygments.rb and see if that works.

Related upstream discussion

    https://github.com/gitlabhq/pygments.rb/commit/d946a6067cbf9dd1be74e5d2ffcba1d8ef7f6c45

I also found that the rubygem gemoji is "Copyright All Rights Reserved" and
hence not free software.

    https://github.com/github/gemoji/blob/master/LICENSE

This means that we have options

1. Just don't use gemoji with gitlab in Debian,
2. distribute ruby-gemoji in non-free, which means that gitlab must be
in contrib,
   (since it depends on non-free software but is free itself), or
3. repackage gemoji to exclude the non-free images, maybe replacing them with
   free ones,
4. something entirely else. Hack gitlab to output Unicode-characters instead?

--
Per