Not authorized to mount flash drive with normal account

Hi,

I am still unable to mount my flash drive on Debian wheezy with a
normal user account. I have tried adding myself to the 'plugdev' group
with the command 'usermod -a -G plugdev john' but that doesn't seem to
work. I am, however, able to mount and browse the flash drive as root
using Thunar.

I am running Openbox with tint2, and I start them with the 'startx'
command with the .xinitrc file. Could there possibly be an issue from
that? Possibly with udisks or udev? Any ideas on what I should? I'm
thinking about doing another reinstall but I highly doubt that would
fix this issue.

Thanks,
John