Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 2264-1] linux-2.6 security update

Hi Dann,

PMFJI...

On 6/18/11, dann frazier <dannf@debian.org> wrote:

> However, given the high frequency at which low-severity security
> issues are discovered in the kernel and the resource requirements of
> doing an update, updates for lower priority issues will normally not
> be released for all kernels at the same time.

That was quite an impressive gathering of vulns and fixs! From the
paragraph I just cited above, I conclude that one should *not
necessarily* take such a long list as evidence of an upsurge in
attacks against the Linux kernel.

Am I on the right track with that?

Or, perhaps, is there such an upsurge, only the rate of Debian
Security fixes is not a good indicator of that activity?

Or maybe there is some other completely different story, and I am just
way off! <g>

All best,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely