Re: potential new build hardware, "arndaleboard" samsung exynos 5,2GB ram

Phil Endecott <spam_from_debian_arm <at> chezphil.org> writes

> peter green <plugwash <at> p10link.net> writes:
>> It looks like a new samsung based devboard has come out (though it's
not
>> scheduled to actually ship until november).

>Ignore it until it actually exists.

Actually, I have one arndale board up and running. Over the weekend I
have recompiled our embedded Debian based dist and it is awesome fast. I
have attached an 256GB Samsung 830 Series SSD on the SATA3 port and got
~250MB/s write speed (dd from /dev/zero). The board consumes around 4W
in idle, 6.2W with one core processing and 8W with both cores near 100%
without the SSD. I would say that the overall performance is better than
our 1.6GHz dual core Intel Atom board.

Regards
Kevin