enable/disable flags in /etc/default

]] Harald Dunkel

(This is from bug #602490, but it's more of a generic problem)

| Would it be possible to add an "enable" flag to
| /etc/default/nagios3 to control if the daemon is
| started at boot time?

I'd like us to decide on a policy about enable/disable flags in
/etc/default in general.  Either all daemons should have them or no
daemons should have them, and if we have them, I think we should have
the value in the default file should be standardised.

Personally, I'd rather we didn't have them, as this is supposed to be
controlled by the rcN.d links and if that interface is too hard for
people we should fix that rather than invent multiple ways of disabling
daemons, but the current mess is, well, a mess.

--
Tollef Fog Heen