Setup xterm to use TrueType Fonts in .Xdefaults

Hi,

I'm trying to setup in .Xdefaults for xterm to use TrueType Fonts so I
don't must use every time the 'control' key and pointer button three to
set this up in the VT Fonts menu.

I want also to setup the geometry for xterm and enable blinking cursor
too.

Lines that I tried to use for this setup in .Xdefaults doesn't works
when I log out/in into X Window system, but only works when I run the
command 'xrdb -merge .Xdefaults':

xterm*geometry: 90x40
xterm*renderFont: default
xterm*cursorBlink: true

Also when I start another xterm window after run the command
'xrdb -merge .Xdefaults' I can't use the xterm menus anymore (control
key and mouse buttons) because the menus become so large that it can't
be displayed.

I'm not sure whether is the renderFont option the right option for
setting up xterm for TrueType Fonts?

--
Regards, Paul
<http://csanyi-pal.info>