Re: bindv6only again

>> unless I've missed something, I'm under the impression that people
>> agree that the change was a mistake.

> Not again...

What do you mean?

The apparent consensus is being ignored -- the default value is still
the one that people don't want.

> On Linux bindv6only is configurable by administrator,

I am aware of that.  It is the default value that we are speaking about.

> applications expecting specific setting are broken anyway (on Linux),
> no matter what RFC says and what default on Debian is.

This is of course nonsense.  Choosing the default value that is
incompatible with all other Unix systems (with the exception of OpenBSD)
and then complaining about applications being broken doesn't strike me
as a particularly productive attitude.

                                        Juliusz