Re: ARM kernel config for Linux 3.11

Arnaud Patard (Rtp) wrote:
Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:

As discussed previously, I think PCI should be enabled for the
armhf/armmp flavour as the Marvell Armada SoCs have PCIe interfaces.  It
might be worthwhile to restrict which PCI drivers are built, if this
slows the build down a lot.

yeah, the problem is more about choosing what to enable or not rather
than enabling PCI or not. For instance, I remember reading some news
about running a nvidia pci express card on tegra host...
AIUI via a couple of adaptors supplied by boundary you can connect a regular desktop PCIe card to a sabre lite or nitrogen6x and you can get PCIe to PCI converter boards too. So you could in theory at least have virtually any PCI or PCIe device connected without having to make any custom boards.