Re: Good ARM board for Debian?

On 9/26/2013 5:51 PM, Alexander Danilov wrote:
On 27.09.2013 01:13, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
Hi again, all,

Well, it looks like for several reasons the RaspberryPi won't work for
this project.  Can anyone
recommend other ARM-based boards which run Wheezy well?

This is going to be a used as a monitor/controller, so major speed
isn't a factor.  It will mainly
be using SPI and GPIO ports, plus ethernet for communications.  Other
things like graphics, USB
ports, etc. are not important for this project (but their presence
doesn't rule the board out).

Also the ability to run their ARM version of Wheezy under QEMU is
important for development.

I appreciate any recommendations.

TIA
Jerry

There are olinuxino boards. I start use olinuxino a20. It has usb,
ethernet, gpio ports. I use it with they own lcd 10'' for GUI
application to control hardware in Debian/Testing. I don't know about
qemu version.

Alexander,

Thanks - this one looks very promising. I like the fact it is completely open source, including board layouts and schematics. It will make it much easier for my client to integrate the system, should they decide to put everything on one board (I don't know what their engineers are thinking - but I like it, anyway :) ).

I'll have to dig further to see if QEMU will run it, though.

Thanks again,
Jerry