Re: Anyone got Wheezy running on a Dreamplug?

On 19/05/2013 09:24, Tixy wrote:
On Sat, 2013-05-18 at 22:07 +0100, Mike Howard wrote:

u-boot update process I've used on both older and newer versions of the
DP is as follows;

# Following 3 steps can be done on or off the DP
# Modify to suit the u-boot you require
wget http://<fav
mirror>/debian/pool/main/u/u-boot/u-boot_2013.01.01-3_armel.deb

# Modify dest dir as you like
dpkg-deb -x u-boot_2013.01.01-3_armel.deb u-boot_2013.01.01-3_armel

#  /mnt here is on any media that you will have access to when booting
the DP
cp -r u-boot_2013.01.01-3_armel/usr/lib/u-boot/dreamplug /mnt

# On the DP
usb start
# Modify to ext2load if req and modify dev:part as req
fatload usb 0:3 0x6400000 dreamplug/u-boot.kwb
sf probe 0
sf erase 0x0 0x80000
# 0x3AB9C = size of u-boot.kwb
sf write 0x6400000 0x0 0x3AB9C

That's it. If it didn't work for you then possible user error? File size
error?
Possible/probable user error, but as I've already bricked one DreamPlug
and had to buy a replacement I'm very reluctant to give it another go.

But you don't need to update u-boot specifically for Wheezy. You don't
need FDT support either.
If you have squeeze you could just upgrade.

Or am I missing something?
I wanted to run the stock Debian kernel, that requires a fixed U-Boot or
to add a shim to flush the L2 cache like Ian Campbell showed. I also
want to do a fresh install with my own choice of packages and config
rather than upgrade what the plug ships with.

Ok, then the u-boot install procedure above has always worked for me, followed by a fresh install using the Wheezy installer.