Re: missing firmware e100/d101m_ucode.bin

Hola Javier...

El 02/10/12 10:28, Javier Santiesteban escribió:
Listeros, recientemente me decidi a instalar en un server el debian
squeeze y me topo con el siguente warning
missing firmware e100/d101m_ucode.bin

alguien puede darme alguna idea de como arreglar esto

Aquí va un texto que encontré en inglés, espero te sirva:

How do I find and install the missing firmware?

Now that you have the name of the firmware file that you want, it’s relatively easy to identify the package that provides the required file. You can use “apt-cache search <filename>” because the firmware packages embed the list of firmware files in their description. You can also use “apt-file” (provided by the package of the same name) or the web interface at packages.debian.org.

$ apt-cache search d101m_ucode.bin
firmware-linux-nonfree - Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel
$ apt-file search d101m_ucode.bin
firmware-linux-nonfree: /lib/firmware/e100/d101m_ucode.bin

If the above commands return nothing, you probably need to enable the “non-free” repository in your /etc/apt/sources.list (you can also enable it within synaptic). And you also want to run “sudo apt-file update” to have the latest information.

Now you can install the right package, in the example above it was firmware-linux-nonfree

Resumiendo: agregas los repositorios non-free a tu /etc/apt/sources.list e instalas el paquete firmware-linux-nonfree

Por las dudas te envío el firmware-linux-nonfree_0.28+squeeze1_all.deb a tu privado por si no tienes acceso a Internet.

Saludos,
Walter

http://swcomputacion.com/